NASCAR NATION

NASCAR NATION-Where NASCAR Fans UNITE!

When I got up this morning, the temperature read nine degrees below zero. I wish I could put myself in hibernation for the month of January every year. The month has absolutely nothing of any value to offer. I've never thought it should be the first day of the New Year anyway because there's nothing new about it. It's just more of what was and what will be. The first day of the year should be April 1 because you know you'll see a transition from winter to spring during the month. Or maybe October when the earth turns to flame and then goes to bed for the season.

For me, personally, January is a month of drought. Both NASCAR and Outlander on are hiatus. There's nothing much to watch on television except, mostly depressing, news. Most programs are covering "The Year in Review" stuff. I've never been one to re-read books or re-watch movies and I don't want to see old races either. I don't care about The Year in Review. I lived through all that stuff. Let's move on.

So, I've been plinking around on the NASCAR sites trying to find something interesting but there isn't much. I see that Kevin and DeLana Harvick had their baby girl, Piper Grace. Congrats to them.

I know where all the NASCAR drivers spent their winter vacation and I say thank God, I wasn't born to parents who trundled me up to the mountains in layers of cumbersome clothes like Jimmie Johnson. I'd rather be with Kurt Busch in a swimming pool or Kyle Busch on a beach.

I know that Danica has a book coming out - Pretty Intense. It's about mental exercise, physical exercise and healthy cooking. And I say, "I love ya, Girl" but I won't be buying that book. I probably wouldn't even bother to turn a page if it was sitting on the desk right in front of me. Now if she wrote a book titled How To Make Your Slothfulness Work For You, that might be a different story.

So, anyway, I'm looking forward to February. It may not be a perfect month but things start to pop in February. The Advance Auto Parts Clash is on February 11 and the action goes on from there.

I have lung cancer and I have no idea what my prognosis is (and I don't want to know, I just take it one day at a time). In those circumstances, you look at the future a little differently. You can't help thinking - "gee, I hope I get to see roses blooming again" or "I hope I get to smell lilacs one more time" or "I hope I get to enjoy Jamie's (Outlander) bare derriere" or "I hope I get to watch Jimmie win another race....or even another championship"!

Happy 2018 to you all.

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am very saddened to read the last paragraph.I didn't know how to respond but I do want to say I am so glad I got to know you here and enjoy reading your articles.i will pray for you and I hope you do get to see the flowers bloom and jimmie win many races/championships.and I hope I can continue reading your articles for years to come.get well

tombo

Thank you, Tombo. I've enjoyed our back and forths on here too and I too hope it can continue for the foreseeable future. Beyond that, life is what it is and you have to take it as it comes. 

I had no idea, vicki,,so sorry to hear that,,sending positive thoughts and prayers,,,

Thank you, Eve. I appreciate your good thoughts. 

WOW what a shocker in your last paragraph. I pray you are an over comer and can say you conquered cancer.

Thank you, Princess. I declined treatment so we'll just let the chips fall where they may...

I'm really sorry about your disease,Vicky.I'll keep you in my prayers hoping you can get healthy as soon as possible...

I appreciate your concern and prayers, Eddie. 

RSS

Forum

Second Verse, Same as the First

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR. Last reply by Eve♥#9 Jun 27. 3 Replies

I love road courses. I wouldn't want a steady diet of them but I do like the ones we have. I'd also like to see one added to the final 10 races, (whatever they are now called since we dropped "The Chase") so that all the different types of tracks…Continue

Tags: Harvick, Hendrick, *Byrnesie, award, Kevin

Just Wondering Why.....

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR. Last reply by Tombo Jun 17. 1 Reply

Happy Father's Day to all the Nascar Dads!I've been away for a while. I had Salmonella and I'll tell you that is some wicked stuff. I went to the E.R. with what I thought was the flu. They told me my kidneys were in acute distress and I was totally…Continue

Tags: Nascar, Goal, Johnson, Jimmie, Motorsports

Recent Visitors

JAYSKI NEWS

2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Driver Chart

the latest updated 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams, drivers, sponsors and more...........

The 2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series schedule

The 2018 NASCAR Cup Series schedule with dates and race times........................

Jayski.com's #NASCAR Article Links page @Jayski

Daily links to NASCAR articles, stories and blogs that are found interesting........................

The 2017 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Results

The 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series results links, along with links to lineup, pitstalls, practices, entry lists........................

© 2018   Created by Eve♥#9.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']); <