NASCAR NATION

NASCAR NATION-Where NASCAR Fans UNITE!

I watched the Talladega race, kind of off and on in between doing dishes and laundry. I know this beloved track has its dedicated fans but I'm sorry folks, I just don't enjoy team racing. I think stock car racing is meant to be an every man for himself sport. I don't care to see one team taking all the top positions and working together to not let anyone else in or dragging the brakes to let teammates have spots or planning pit stops so they can all pit together, then calculating how they can still be together when they hit the track.

I Stewart-Haas kudos for superior strategy but that's not racing as far as I'm concerned. I am glad if one of them had to win, it was Aric Almirola. At least it allows a new guy into the championship run. I am happy for Aric as he is finally hitting his stride. I also feel bad for Kurt Busch. He had it made until he ran out of gas Well, live by the team strategy and die by the strategy, I guess.

Of course, being a Busch, he didn't take it lying down but complained about the "missed calls" that cost him his win. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure exactly what he meant. On the one hand, he seems to believe a yellow flag was called when it shouldn't been and on the other hand, that one should have been called when it wasn't. What would that have done for him? Would he have pitted to get gas on the last lap and emerged far behind, or stayed on the track and taken his chances? I don't see that he'd have come out ahead either way. Blame the racing gods, Dude.

I was grateful Jimmie managed a seventh place finish after being down a lap for most of the race due to an early spin.

And speaking of Jimmie, that's probably another reason I'm feeling sort of blah about NASCAR these days. . I figured Jimmie and Chad would be partners until they retired. They are like love and marriage or horse and carriage or any of the other trite phrases we use to describe things that belong together.

I will admit though that they've had a dismal year and maybe it's time for new challenges. William Byron is definitely ahead of the game getting Chad as a crew chief. Maybe he can take him to the top as he did with Jimmie.

I don't know much about Meendering except that he found a certain amount of success as a crew chief for Junior Motorsports. Anyway, it was Mr. Hendrick's call to make and he made it. It will be interesting to see how it affect 2019. Do we even know who Jimmie's primary sponsor will be yet? For that matter, we know who the Cup Series' primary sponsor will be?

So, 2019 is setting up to be a fascinating year. Will Stewart-Hass continue to be so dominate? And why are they so dominate anyway? They certainly found something no one else has found. Will that continue? I hope not. NASCAR will be rather boring if it does.

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it was only a bad race ,ot the "shr 500", because everyone behind them refused to work together,even the announcers kept saying that..

I think Stewart-Haas had it nailed from the git-go. They got ahead and stayed ahead. Don't think anybody else could have caught them. There were a few attempts but when they tried, they fell back.

I hate that kind of racing,,,i like when each driver is on his own with his own talent, ,,,,js.

I agree with most of your sentiments, Vicki.  I think that the upcoming NASCAR season will definitely see some changes racing-wise due to the new rules.  I don't think I'm going to like the no restrictor plate rule (or maybe I'm just not understanding that rule in its entirety......)

RSS

Forum

Talladega - The Stewart Haas 500

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR. Last reply by Tony Trout Nov 30. 4 Replies

I watched the Talladega race, kind of off and on in between doing dishes and laundry. I know this beloved track has its dedicated fans but I'm sorry folks, I just don't enjoy team racing. I think stock car racing is meant to be an every man for…Continue

Tags: Johnson, Chad, Knaus, Stewart-Haas, Jimmie

She's Baaaack!

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR. Last reply by Vicki Williams Oct 9. 4 Replies

Hurray! I got back in synch with NASCAR just in time for the play offs! A couple of months ago, I switched service providers, going from cable to satellite. I think I only saw two races for the duration. Every week it seemed, there was some kind of…Continue

Tags: busch, Kyle, Ryan, Blaney, Elliott

Recent Visitors

JAYSKI NEWS

2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Driver Chart

the latest updated 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams, drivers, sponsors and more...........

The 2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series schedule

The 2018 NASCAR Cup Series schedule with dates and race times........................

Jayski.com's #NASCAR Article Links page @Jayski

Daily links to NASCAR articles, stories and blogs that are found interesting........................

The 2017 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Results

The 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series results links, along with links to lineup, pitstalls, practices, entry lists........................

© 2018   Created by Eve♥#9.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']); <