NASCAR NATION

NASCAR NATION-Where NASCAR Fans UNITE!

Question: Should NASCAR lighten up on their over-regulation of the sport?

Answer: Yes. I value creativity more than conformity. What good does it do to hire some of the brightest people on the planet as crew chiefs and then put them in a cage so small, they can't exercise any of their brilliant ideas? NASCAR isn't just about drivers. It's about teams and the kind of cars they give the drivers as well. If that wasn't the case, NASCAR could just mandate one standard car, exactly alike in every respect. The drivers could draw which car they were going to drive in a lottery. Wasn't there a series like this once? Where is it now? I don't care about 1000ths of an inch. I don't care if some teams excel because their crew chiefs are smarter than others. Some call this cheating but I call it innovation....up to a point. Loosen the reins a little, NASCAR.

Question: Does it bother you when drivers fight?

Answer: Nope, not if they both want to. But if crews join in, it should be to stop the fight, not to get a swipe in on the other team's driver - mostly I think crews should stay out of it and just let it be the two drivers. It isn't fair when a whole team piles on one driver. It should be one on one or not at all.

Question: What do you think about stage racing?

Answer: I haven't decided yet. Sometimes, it seems to add more excitement but then it also seems a little gimmicky. I think at this point, I'm still neutral. I can't believe how many changes there have been just since I became a NASCAR fan in 2008. Most of them I could do without but I realize I'm not the demographic NASCAR is striving to appeal to.

Question: Are you glad Matt's press conference wasn't about retiring?

Answer: Yes, I love this group of young guys coming up but I'm not ready to let go of the older drivers quite yet. Go, Jimmie, Junior, Matt! So, instead of an older driver going out it was a new sponsor - Circle K - coming in. A win/win.

Question: Have you given up on Danika?

Answer: Oh, man, you don't know how much I hate to say this but, yes, I think I have. She's gone long enough now without showing much improvement that my hope has waned to almost nothing. I will always be her fan and wish her well. Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong but.....

Question: What is your pet peeve?

Answer: I am a faithful reader of the New York Times. Reading the NYT is the first thing I do every morning. I feel as if it gives a good cross-section of what has happened in the news over the last 24 hours...until it comes to Nascar. It irks me no end that the digital edition never, ever, ever prints anything about NASCAR, even special events like the Daytona 500, the All-Star Race, the drivers in the Chase, the championship. Geez, they'll cover the Tiddley Winks Title or the Guatemalan Turtle Races or the est Podunk Pie Eating Contest. Come on, NYT, quit being such sports snobs. In case you hadn't noticed, NASCAR is one of the popular sports in America.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree on the regulations being too strict,,,1000th inch,,,sheesh,,,i agree that a pit crew should only restrain a driver and not beat and kick the crap out of them, love the stage racing so far, glad matt is sticking around, and agree about Danica,,good blog, Vicki,,

Well, we agree on two out of three and semi-agree on the third!

I agree with everything but the "new York times".i wouldn't buy the " new York times" to lay in a hamster cage ...

my pet peeve is the drivers sounding too scripted in interviews.they cant say anything but what nasacr allows them to say.isnt funny how all drivers "love" the chase and the new format and the cars and everything?its too fake.

RSS

Forum

Have Cars Lost Their Glamour?

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR. Last reply by Vicki Williams Oct 11. 2 Replies

Here are the points after Charlotte. Read'em and weep or cheer depending on where your driver stands.1. Martin Truex Jr.: 3,106 2. Kyle Larson: 3,072 3. Kevin Harvick: 3,069 4. Chase Elliott: 3,0595. Denny Hamlin: 3,0566. Kyle Busch: 3,0557. Jimmie…Continue

Tags: AP, News, muscle, cars, Newberry

A Hard Rain's A'Gonna Fall

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR. Last reply by Eve9CE♥24WB Oct 3. 1 Reply

Damnation! I really, really, really wanted Chase to win that race! That's not to say, I don't think Kyle Busch did exactly what he needed to do. After all, he has quite a bit of skin in the game too, like more points to take into the rest of the…Continue

Tags: Larson, Ryan, Newman, Gordon, Jeff

Recent Visitors

JAYSKI NEWS

2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Driver Chart

the latest updated 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams, drivers, sponsors and more...........

The 2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series schedule

The 2018 NASCAR Cup Series schedule with dates and race times........................

Jayski.com's #NASCAR Article Links page @Jayski

Daily links to NASCAR articles, stories and blogs that are found interesting........................

The 2017 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Results

The 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series results links, along with links to lineup, pitstalls, practices, entry lists........................

© 2017   Created by Eve9CE♥24WB.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']); <