NASCAR NATION

NASCAR NATION-Where NASCAR Fans UNITE!

I love road courses. I wouldn't want a steady diet of them but I do like the ones we have. I'd also like to see one added to the final 10 races, (whatever they are now called since we dropped "The Chase") so that all the different types of tracks are represented.

When I first became a NASCAR fan, some teams hired "road course aces" because many of the regular drivers weren't that good on them but that has changed. Now most of the teams are competitive on road courses. Still yet, road courses are more likely to provide different winners than we usually see. I was so rooting for A. J. Allmendinger to pull this one off and buy his ticket into the championship run. Really, I would have been happy with anyone who hasn't won yet this year, but in the end, it turned out to be the same old, same old. Truex vs. Harvick. Only Kyle Busch,of the Big Three, had a car that wasn't up to par.

Once again, Hendrick ended up (as my Dad used to say) sucking hind tit.Jimmie finished 11th, I think, (it was 10th) which is about where he's been running this year. It is getting harder for JJ fans to keep thinking he will win a race this year, or even a pole. We may just have to let this season slide by and wait to see what 2019 brings. Not that I wouldn't be thrilled to be wrong.

People ask me if I think he's lost his edge and should consider retirement? On the basis of one mediocre season? Heck, no! I've been a Cubs fan for years. This is nothing! And I don't think it is Jimmie's edge or Chad's edge. I think it is Hendrick having a difficult time getting a grip on Chevrolet's new body style and finding enough speed to match the competition.

And Jimmie did win the 4th annual award given in honor of the late, beloved Steve Byrnes so even if he doesn't win anything else, there's an honor to be proud of - respect from your peers.

I guess at this point in the season, it is safe to say the competition between the newbies and the old guys has been called. Some of the kids have had some great individual performances and there is no doubt they are destined to be the stars of the future but now we know that derring-do is no match for wily experience. So keep on keeping on Elliott, Jones, Bowman, Byron, Wallace - your days are definitely coming.

In the meantime, it looks as if a team that has been there before will win the championship unless someone we're not considering gets on a hot streak. That could happen and I hope it does.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

actually, chase did finish 4th,,,not too much of a hind tit,,lol..i think they r all improving a bit,,at Hendrick..

Oh, I know....I was probably a little overly cynical. But I want one of them to WIN! I'm sick of the Toyotas and Fords always being so much faster! I will probably be grumpy until one of them wins!

I know,,me too,,but I think they r doing a good job driving,,their cars r just not what they should be..imo

RSS

Forum

She's Baaaack!

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR. Last reply by Vicki Williams Oct 9. 4 Replies

Hurray! I got back in synch with NASCAR just in time for the play offs! A couple of months ago, I switched service providers, going from cable to satellite. I think I only saw two races for the duration. Every week it seemed, there was some kind of…Continue

Tags: busch, Kyle, Ryan, Blaney, Elliott

Recent Visitors

JAYSKI NEWS

2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Driver Chart

the latest updated 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams, drivers, sponsors and more...........

The 2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series schedule

The 2018 NASCAR Cup Series schedule with dates and race times........................

Jayski.com's #NASCAR Article Links page @Jayski

Daily links to NASCAR articles, stories and blogs that are found interesting........................

The 2017 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Results

The 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series results links, along with links to lineup, pitstalls, practices, entry lists........................

© 2018   Created by Eve♥#9.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']); <