NASCAR NATION

NASCAR NATION-Where NASCAR Fans UNITE!

Some people don't like the present and dread the future. They yearn for things to be the way they used to be. Personally, I think they see the past through rose-colored glasses. There is no fantasy America where every family was like Father Knows Best. And the Golden Era of NASCAR (whenever you think that was), was no more golden than it is now.

I think NASCAR does its best to please its fans, its owners and its sponsors but, of course, it is impossible to please everyone. A fan has only two options, really. They can love the sport as it is or they can go find something they like better. Staying doesn't preclude bitching, that's is our constitutional right as fans. But the nonsense we read after practically every race about leaving NASCAR forever. Well, either put up or shut up and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

We were talking about this subject on NASCAR Nation this week. The very things I like (the Chase), others hated. The very things I don't like (the elimination part of the Chase) others thought were exciting. The group of us who were talking agreed on almost nothing, so there you go.

Of course, some things never change. Mr. Hendrick at the front table of the banquet is a sight we're used to seeing. Junior being the Most Popular Driver is another. But some things do inevitably change. Not following two of our greats, Jeff and Smoke, on the track is one big change.

So, what will the future bring to NASCAR in 2017? Well, we know the Sprint Cup Series will now be the Monster (Energy Drink) series. I don't drink any energy drink but I might have to buy a Monster now and then, even if I just pour it down the sink. The company has thrown in with NASCAR in a big way and that is thanks in no small part to Kyle Busch. They've gone from sponsoring a single Xfinity car to becoming the premiere series sponsor. That suggests they have great faith in the sport and what it will do for their brand.

It will be interesting to see what the new championship trophy will look like. Jimmie has to win his 8th championship now just so he can say he's won trophies under two different sponsors.

We know that Jack Roush will only field two cars in 2017. And didn't we all sort of see this coming? Roush fell on hard times a few years ago and just hasn't been able to pull themselves out of their slump. Sad to see. We know it's not for lack of trying on Jack's part. Biffle will be gone from the team. I don't know if he will land a spot or not. I've heard rumors but nothing for sure.

He might find a team to take him on for a few more years but face it, the future is beginning to look more and more like it will belong to the kids - Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott, Chris Buescher, Ryan Blaney, Alex Bowman - they are already competitive in Cup and I expect them all to win races next year. And there are several more coming up through the ranks of the Truck Series and Xfinity. I won't try to name them all because I don't want to leave anyone out but any older driver who isn't looking over his shoulder, isn't facing reality.

Another rumor I've heard is that Dodge may be coming back to NASCAR and oh, I so hope they do. Their cars are beautiful and it would be great to have three American manufacturer's in the sport again.

It will be curious to see Clint Bowyer at Stewart-Haas in 2017. He sort of fell off the radar screen in 2016, which shows you how important it is to be part of a competitive team. He will be with one of the powerhouses next year. They made a seamless transition when Tony came on board and won championships early on. It will be fun to see if they can do the same when they give up Hendricks' engines and chassis and switch to Ford.

There hasn't been as much Silly Season talk as there is some years....just minor changes around the edges. Most drivers and crew chiefs seem to be staying put although we may have some surprises in store.

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

u said it all best, vicki,,,thx

yep,yep lots of new stuff going into next year.my guy #4 is going to ford,barf. nascar has a new name.who will nascar help out next year?new rookies,ect..

but going back to change,if someone said they way we walk is boring,right,left,right,left..and said we now have to walk left,left,right,right,right,left,left,left,left would you still say looking back thru our rose colored glasses to the fantasy world of the past or start wearing those glasses too? lol....

Well, I'm not saying I'm crazy about all change either....not in NASCAR and not in life but I'm 70 and I've found that you either, get with the program or you get left behind. Most of us like the times when we were at our best. For some mothers, it was when their children were little. For me, it was the 70's when every bar had a band and Saturday night was the most-looked-forward-to part of the week. I liked music and motorcycles and maybe a little marijuana. Now my favorite day is Sunday when I curl up on my sofa with a pop and a pack of cigarettes and a NASCAR race!

hell yeah!!!

your awesome!!

I do enjoy your stories.anymore it seems like we aren't aloud to speak about the past so no one does.im in my late 30's and have seen a lot of change in our society.that may be why I don't like change.why cant some things just be left alone?there are things that don't need to be changed.like in nascar the cars,safety,ect. have to change but the championship rule didnt have to.like the chase,it was awesome to see who would win the cup even if it was down to 2 drivers and the driver won it the week before the last race because all 40 drivers gave all they could for all 36 races not just win 1 then mediocre yourself or just miss the other half of the season and then top 10 to win the cup championship in the lame ass elimination chase.

I think a lot of people have an A.D.D. problem and lose attention on anything long term,noone staying in school,married,work,ect.

I bet the new thing will be people changing their names every so many years too because they are bored with their original one like hair styles..

I do agree. Our culture now wants to be entertained every minute. Exhibit A: Donald Trump....lol! 

As for name changing, if you've ever been a woman who has changed her name more than once due to marriage, divorce, remarriage and tried to get a driver's license/voter i.d., you would know that the opposite is more likely to happen. People will keep their names to avoid the hassle of dealing with the bureaucracy.

RSS

Forum

Bitch Session

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR 20 hours ago. 0 Replies

Image result for nascar chicagoland 2017* Well, the first race in the championship is under our belt and it ended in a totally expected way, as good as Furniture Row has been all year. Honestly, I like Martin Truex, Jr. I would not mind seeing him…Continue

Tags: Kyle, Keselowski, Busch, Danica, Patrick

Sweet Sixteen

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR Sep 11. 0 Replies

There they are: our championship contenders. I say that but I think some of them are not really serious contenders. Austen Dillon is probably not going to be holding the trophy after Homestead. Or Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. or Ryan Blaney or Ryan Newman…Continue

Tags: NASCAR, 2017, championship, Matt, Kenseth

Recent Visitors

JAYSKI NEWS

2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Driver Chart

the latest updated 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams, drivers, sponsors and more...........

The 2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series schedule

The 2018 NASCAR Cup Series schedule with dates and race times........................

Jayski.com's #NASCAR Article Links page @Jayski

Daily links to NASCAR articles, stories and blogs that are found interesting........................

The 2017 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Results

The 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series results links, along with links to lineup, pitstalls, practices, entry lists........................

© 2017   Created by Eve ♥24CE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']); <