NASCAR NATION

NASCAR NATION-Where NASCAR Fans UNITE!

from RacingOne.com:

DEARBORN, Mich. - The Wood Bros., Bill Elliott and Motorcraft will bring the No. 21 car back to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for nine races in 2009.

Motorcraft will be the primary sponsor on the Wood Brothers No. 21 Ford as it runs February's Daytona 500 and the season-ending Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway and seven races in between.

Elliott, the 1988 Cup Series champion, is scheduled to be the driver for all of Motorcraft's races. Elliott, Motorcraft and the Wood Brothers first joined forces in 2007.

"We are very proud to continue our long-standing relationship with Wood Brothers Racing and Bill Elliott," said Darryl Hazel, Ford customer service division vice president. "The Woods are synonymous with Ford, and we are thrilled to be associated with such a tremendous group of people."

"We are very pleased to have Motorcraft back with us for the 2009 season," said Wood Brothers Racing co-owner Eddie Wood. "Motorcraft first sponsored us in 2001 and we value their involvement in the sport for the past nine years. They have been loyal to us, we have always been loyal to them and Ford. It makes you feel good. It makes you feel like family. Without Ford Motor Company, the outlook for this season would probably be different."

The Wood Brothers are acknowledged pioneers in the sport of stock-car racing, and have earned 96 wins in more than 50 years of NASCAR competition -- second most in Ford Racing history.

"Ford's appreciation for our loyalty throughout the years is what kept us going, and, in turn, we keep on going for them, too," said Wood Brothers Racing co-owner Len Wood.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its time Bill hangs it up...What is he the Brett Favre of racing ?

Dont get me wrong I like the guy...but enough is enough...I know he still has a huge fan base. Spare them the disappointment..Hell he doesn't even get much TV time in todays Nascar
no, he doesn't........these days you gotta be up front, or in the back and SUPPOSED to be up front!!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Eve♥#9.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']); <