NASCAR NATION

NASCAR NATION-Where NASCAR Fans UNITE!

Okay, I'm glad for Kyle Busch that he won at Pocono. He'd come so close so many times, he deserved to finally get his win. He's certainly one of our top Cup drivers and we like our best drivers to be in the Chase with a win. But having said that, I'm beginning to get a little sick of the Kyle and Martin Show. They have dominated in poles, stage wins and races. Even when they didn't win, they dominated.

Jimmie and Kyle Larson started out great guns but they've tailed off here lately with more wrecks to their credit than wins. This is as per usual for the 48 team. They always seem to have a mediocre spell at the end of summer and leave their fans sweating.

I still think those four - Martin, Kyle, Kyle and Jimmie - are most on track to win the championship, though it is possible a Penske team could do it maybe a Stewart-Haas team.

I don't see Kasey Kahne getting that hot. I don't think Austin Dillon has a prayer or Ryan Newman either. Probably not Blaney or Hamlin though either is possible. Unfortunately, I don't think Dale Jr. will get up there either though I'd love to see it. Him or Kenseth either one.

My bet is that previous winners will win at least four of the next five. Maybe someone like an A J Allmendinger will pull it off at Watkins Glen.

Starting with Watkins Glen, NASCAR is going back to the making the start/fnish line the overtime line. That makes sense to me. I never understood why they changed it in the first place. If there was a rationale, I never knew what it was.

And, finally, NASCAR is reacting to so many Cup drivers coming down to snatch wins in the Xfinity series. I've always thought they should put limits on the Cup guys and now they are. They aren't ending their participation, which I don't think they should. There is something to be said for young drivers learning from the old professionals but on the other hand, they shouldn't be able to walk off with most of the goodies and glory either. From now on, drivers with more than five years of experience will be limited to a maximum of ten Xfinity races. None of them can compete in the Dash For Cash and none of them can run in the final eight championship races. The maximum in the Truck Series is seven. Some of the drivers are in a snit about it but ten races per driver sounds like plenty to me. And the young Cup drivers (Kyle Larson, Ryan Blaney, Erik Jones, Chase Elliott...can still race as much as they like in the two lower series.

This has been the Silliest Silly Season so far. We still have Matt Kenseth, a champion, standing at the side of the room like a wallflower. And Kurt Busch. What is the deal there? There's no way I think he won't still be at Stewart-Haas. I think Gene Haas and Kurt have always had a Mutual Admiration Society.

Speaking of Stewart-Haas, I don't know how much more time they'll give Danica but it seems like her last few starts have been a steady improvement.

At the last, condolences to family and friends on the loss of Harry Scott and to even things up, we'll soon we welcoming Denny Hamlin's new baby into the NASCAR fold.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think Kyle will go on a "tear" now.....we know his anger makes him better....LOL....but I'm betting Truex wins the Championship this year....which I'd love to see!

I agree - I think Kyle will win more now that he got that monkey off his back. I hope Jimmie gets out of his usual summer doldrums. I'd be fine with Truex winning.....speaking of "being on a tear"!

it doesn't matter anymore with nascar being rigged and scripted.they are being too obvious this year with it.nascar is dead.it will not be around in 5 years.

Oh, Tombo, have you gone off your anti-depressants again? Just kidding. But you're always so pessimistic! Seems like if NASCAR was rigged, Junior would be up there near the top.

:) Go Chevy

RSS

Forum

Hoisting the Championship Trophy

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR. Last reply by Eve♥24CE yesterday. 3 Replies

First, I'd like to tell you a curious little factoid about this blog that might surprise you. I write four blogs - politics, NASCAR, writing and cancer. My blog host has been blogspot.com since I first began blogging. They provide interesting…Continue

Tags: Earnhardt, Danica, Patrick, Dale, Jr

Long NASCAR-less Winter Ahead

Started by Vicki Williams in ALL THINGS NASCAR Nov 17. 0 Replies

It was heartwarming to see Matt Kenseth in Victory Lane at Phoenix after his next to the last race (so far as we know). I never considered Matt one of "my" drivers but I always liked him a lot and it seemed that most people did. By sharing his final…Continue

Tags: Chase, Elliott, Homestead, Hamlin, Denny

Recent Visitors

JAYSKI NEWS

2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Driver Chart

the latest updated 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams, drivers, sponsors and more...........

The 2018 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series schedule

The 2018 NASCAR Cup Series schedule with dates and race times........................

Jayski.com's #NASCAR Article Links page @Jayski

Daily links to NASCAR articles, stories and blogs that are found interesting........................

The 2017 Monster Energy #NASCAR Cup Series Results

The 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series results links, along with links to lineup, pitstalls, practices, entry lists........................

© 2017   Created by Eve♥24CE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']); <