NASCAR NATION

NASCAR NATION-Where NASCAR Fans UNITE!

Championship contender's average finishes at Homestead-Miami...

1. Kevin Harvick-7.57
2. Martin Truex Junior-10.00
3. Jeff Gordon-10.56
4. Kyle Busch-23.10

I'd love to see Jeff Gordon retire as the current champ. I'd Love to see Martin Truex Junior win a title because of what he's been through in the last three years, and the fact that he's racing for a small, one car operation. I'd love to see Kyle Busch finally get what he has always worked so hard for. But... I'd hate to see Kevin Harvick repeat because I simply, flat out can't stand him. In reality though, Harvick Is the odd's on favorite to have the best finish this Sunday, but as a #48 fan, I can tell you that anything (like a $25 hub seal) can rain on Harvick's parade. Jeff Gordon has had only one win this season, and it came on the heels of a very controversial wreck involving a much faster car that was leading at Martinsville, but... Never count Jeff Gordon out of the contention. Ray Evernham once said "if Jeff Gordon can even smell a top 3 finish, he digs deeper than any driver in this sport." Truex has only had three career wins in his 12 year tenure in Cup, and a win is likely what it will take Sunday, but as the song says, "you can't keep a good man down." Homestead-Miami has not been very good to Kyle Busch at all, his best finish there is 4th. However, I'm going out on a limb and taking Kyle Busch as the driver I'd personally pick to win this championship because of what he's done this year when his back was literally against the wall, and the fact that this is the actual first time that he is heading to the final race with a true shot at a title. Add in the success that JGR has brought to the track this year and it may just be the perfect storm. My only REAL hope is that ANYONE besides Harvick leaves the track with the Cup title for 2015.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow.

gibbs will be cheating big time this week and the worst part of it all if kyle did win and the car was found illegal what would happen?,nothing.

nascar has been playing with the rules and cautions so much and evident this year like the 20 lap caution to remove one car,that I cant say who will win.id love for harvick to win but its gordons last year,truex is the underdog and kyle,well nascar has done everything they could to get him to this point why would they stop now?

so id like to see anyone but busch win...

That's what makes us NASCAR fans tombo. I thought that the caution at Texas when Harvick blew a tire and was already on the apron to pit road, vs them NOT throwing one when Dale Junior blowing a tire and hitting the wall and no caution was kind of BS, but I suppose that it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

I honestly thought he blew up too.i could see why nascar was quick to throw the flag but as far as what nascar has done for kyle this year was so evident kyles fans already personally wrote brian france thank you letters for giving him the championship.....

RSS

© 2019   Created by Eve♥#9.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']); <