NASCAR NATION

NASCAR NATION-Where NASCAR Fans UNITE!

Saw this on the Food Network, and it seems good, will be trying it soon! Thought I'd dig up the recipe online and share it with you guys:

This traditional Alabama Barbecue Sauce uses Mayonnaise as its base rather than tomato sauce, vinegar, or any of the other traditional barbecue sauce bases. Like many barbecue sauces you want to apply this only at the very end of your grilling or smoking. It will breakdown and separate if it is heated too long. Use this sauce on chicken and turkey. It is also good on pork. Alabama White Barbecue Sauce has a tangy flavor that is a great addition to grilled foods.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1 cup apple cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (add a pinch more for a little more spice)
ALSO, you can add:
* 1/4 teaspoon horseradish (this isnt in all the recipes, so if you dont like it you can leave it out. They used it on the show)

Preparation:
Mix ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before using. Brush lightly over chicken, turkey or pork during the last few minutes of grilling. This barbecue sauce is also great as a dipping sauce so set some aside before you start grilling to serve on the table. DO NOT LEAVE SAUCE ON FOOD OVER HEAT! IT WILL SEPARATE!

Photobucket

Views: 66

Replies to This Discussion

im trying this today,its recommended the sauce has to sit for 8 hours so the flavors marry, im not gonna wait QUITE THAT long, as there arent a ton of ingredients in it, so I'll let you guys know how mine turned out. We are doing it on dry rubbed chicken legs and pecan smoked sausage!
Am originally from Decatur, Al. Home of Big Bob Gibson's, which if you are talking about the food network program I am talking about, is the featured restaurant. I grew up on the sauce, and it makes a grilled chicken or stuffed potato.
thats EXACTLY where i got the idea from! its GOOD too!!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Eve♥#9.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageLoadTime']); <